Sunday, February 8, 2015

2 New Tops and Walking Dead Marathon

Happy Sunday! We're getting more snow here in New England! What a winter it's been!
I had such a jam-packed, productive week at work! All I could think about was the weekend.. being in the sewing room by myself, watching the Walking Dead marathon. The new season starts tonight. Oh man, I love that show. SO INTENSE!!
Sounds kind of conflicting.... sewing pretty tops and watching people fighting for their lives killing walkers.. Oh well, that's how I roll.

I made up two tops with some yucky charmeuse I've had for a while. They look pretty on the dress form, but not my pasty winter white skin.
The first one is Simplicity 1884, a cute V-Placket top. Really fun to make up. You can make this with a small amount of fabric! My bias tape armholes came out pissah! I made some changes to the pattern for next time, adding a little more to the front and back armholes at the top, just for a bit more coverage. Also, I will add 1/2" to the center fold, for a sort of gathered FBA. Here's some pictures.
 Here's the back:
 And the bias tape armholes and french seams inside:

Next up Butterick 5610 View C. (The white with black version below)
 Hmmm, not so sure, I have to be careful how I accessorize it, it could look very granny-ish. The front fits good.


The back, not so much. See where I pinned darts in it? Since it's all done, it may be a wadder. 
Or back to my statement that it's a muslin. I'm not making the view again, but maybe the others... 
I've seen some fantastic tops made up by other bloggers. 

Thanks for reading. Stay warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment