Tuesday, January 20, 2015

The Team Color McCalls 6996

This is the third time making M6996, View C, but the first make of the year. Go me!
 This Ponte Knit was from FabricMart. Oh man, do I love this stuff! It's made of Poly/Rayon blend. When I opened it, my boyfriend remarked that it looked like team colors, which of course stuck in my head. I muslined a pull-on pleated skirt with it, and realized what a dream it is to sew. I had plenty left for this cardigan. Oh ya!

The fit of this is great. I brought the shoulder seams in about 1/2". The arms are tight (I forgot to widen them, Doh) so it'll be worn with a tank. Not sure I like how the band gets sewed to a pre-sewn hem. If you have to take in the shoulder seam at all, they won't line up!

To remedy that, I pinned the band on the body and tested how they lined up. I had to sew the bottom seam deeper. Then I served the band on, nice and neat!




Here's the first two, View C in a striped burn-out knit, and view B in a wavy textured knit. All from FabricMart. I can't resist their sales!! The front lefts look droopy in these photos. Hmmm, gotta check that out!

Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment